Re: Is MG wiring evil?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is MG wiring evil?
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 23:08:47 -0400
If you're right, gawd, am I dissolutioned.  But in Joe Lucas' defense, most
of the problems have been switches which I presume (read: hope) are not
Lucas (unlike Lucas, they could not be repaired).

 Funny - the '92 Cherokee had an intermittent ignition problem last year
which turned out to be a faulty pigtail from the TDC sensor - damaged by
the Jeep dealer shop.  In the meantime - on a hunch - I tried replacing the
coil and while in there, I saw on the dizzy those mighty letters
"L-U-C-A-S".  ' Can't escape!

Allen

>From: JustBrits@aol.com
>
>In a message dated 7/10/99 4:32:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
>bachldrs@swva.net writes:
>
><< I wish the electrical system on my Nissan pickup was half as good. >>
>
>So Allen, have you looked under the hood (NOT bonnet) & dash to see how many
>Lucas relays and/or sub-harnesses are in that p/u ???<G><G>
>
>The last FMC "L" division car I looked at had FIVE!! <G><G>  Sorta "towney"
>huh?
>
>Ed

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs