Re: Steering wheel removal

To: dhw@pinehurst.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering wheel removal
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 20:45:34 EDT
In a message dated 7/10/99 6:53:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
dhw@pinehurst.net writes:

<<
 I take the center cover off, run the nut out all but a couple of threads,
 then the fun part, put pressure on the underside of the wheel with my knees
 and while doing this, tap on the steering wheel nut with a mallet.  I got
 this info from a friend who fixes LBCs for a living.  I have used this
 method twice with success.  Good luck........Don Walton 77,74, 73 Bs

I was gonna tell this EXACT same theorem, Don.  Helps if front end is in the
air and you rotate the steering wheel.

Cheers......

        Ed