Re: Miata (& MG) Stuff

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Miata (& MG) Stuff
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 12:41:19 -0700
gary & traci had this to say:

>> In fact, wasn't it some early Tr***ph engine that originated in a tractor?
>> Or is that a myth also?
>
>early lotus cars used the coventry climax motors . they where orginally used
>as water pump motors on firetrucks
>
>gary

That's true, although the Coventry Climax was a pretty hot motor with a
relatively advanced and lightweight design, not at all the sort of thing
you would "put down" by calling it a tractor engine, in the sense of
rugged, heavy and unsophisticated (which I am assuming is intended
regarding LBCs). As Allen noted, the Triumph 2-liter 4 cyl. is the type
of powerplant typically cited in this context.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149