tach question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: tach question
From: "Erich" <erich@mail.NGBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 19:47:53 -0400
Hello all,

  I have been having some trouble with the tach on my '80 B.  When I
first start the car, the tach sits on zero.  After tapping the throttle
a few times it will jump up, sometimes to 2,500 and other times to about
1,000-1,300(engine obviously running faster).  This is when the car is
still cold and the auto-choke is kicking in. The tach seems to read
normaly after a few minutes on the road(except at idle when it reads
somewhere btwn 200 and 400), but I may be mistaken.

Could this be the cable going?

Another problem that I have begun to notice is a slight thumping sound
in the rear when I shift gears or let off of the throttle.  Also a
slight rubbing sound from the rear when crusing.

I am new to lbc ownership and an still learning my way aroud them. Any
help would be much appreciated.

Erich  -recient transplant to Greenville, NC

P.S.- I do have one more slight problem.  My wife drove the B for the
first time a few days ago, and does not want to give it back. Anybody
have a suggestion, or should start looking for another lbc? Something
like a nice