How hot is too hot?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: How hot is too hot?
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 15:30:49 EDT
On a hot day my TD's temperature gauge gets up to 212. All I know is that
this is above the thermostat rating of 190. Is something wrong if the
temperature gets above the thermostat rating? What temperature should be
considered too hot? I found nothing in the workshop or owners manuals
regarding temperature, maybe because the early models had no gauge.

BTW, I tried some Redline Water Wetter and it made absolutely no difference.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336