Re: Future of hobby

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Future of hobby
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 13:24:00 +1000
Edwin,

What I am about to say may appear sexist, not PC etc, but it really isn't
meant to be, rather a balanced looks at each sexs priorities... <G> Does
that get me off the hook Girls? :)

> seem to attract the chicks like I thought it might, but if it did then I

Well I'm 28 and my Cars don't either and have never done. I like it that
way. I find that women *generally* (this is a car list give me a break girls
<G>) have no interest in cars, so long as it goes from point a-b and is
reasonably decent, looks ok etc.. My partner has absolutely ZERO interest in
my MGA but puts up with the countless hours I spend on it as she has lots of
stuff of her own to do. She complains about how cold it is all the time,
prefers the roof up, has never mentioned how 'cool' it is to be in it (what
a total downer! <G>), and tends to let out a gutteral moan every time the
garage door is lifted up and she realises it's 'MG time'. <G> After all that
she still realises I love the Car and lets me have my fun with it, and will
even endure the cold after a slight moan at the start of the trip. :)
Secretly I'm sure she likes it, she just won't admit it. lol! At least thats
what I tell myself. ;) Funnily enough her best friend positively drooled
(over the cars ;) when she found out I owned MGs. But I think it's the first
time I've ever seen that!!

Besides, I don't want any woman that wants me for my cars!!! Actually I went
out with this Girl for a while, she was a real "no-brainer" (cute of course
to make up for the no brain, and yes plenty of men have no brains too) and
one time, near the end of my tether she said to me 'It's so important for a
guy to have a nice car don't you think?'. I said, "So you are saying if I
drove a beat up 70's Holden you wouldn't like me as much?".. Of course she
didn't say Yes (lol!), but it only took me a week to dump her. <G> No bull.
(!) Heartless b****** aren't I? ;)

Cheers,
Neil (encased in NOMEX suit, 4000ft under Mt. Rushmore, reading a copy of
the Female Eunich ;).
61A/70BGT