Re: Palo Alto

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu>,
Subject: Re: Palo Alto
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 15:24:07 -0700
On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 07:32:19AM -0400, Kai M. Radicke wrote:
> > Some interesting modified care there -- an E-Type with wild bodywork mods
>
> I wouldn't call that car interesting!  It's more like a disgrace.  Some
> crazy fool turned a perfectly good E-type into a red batmobile.  Yuck.

How do you know that it started out as a perfectly good E-type.  If I
was going to do that radical of a modification I certainly wouldn't
waste my money starting with something worth restoring. If, instead of
thinking of it as defacing a holy relic, you look at it as artwork you
may actually admire the craftsmanship involved. I've seen many custom
jobs that did not work nearly as well aesthetically (see the discussion
of Redare a couple weeks back).  Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to find
that very little E-type actually went into the car.

You may think I'm an infidel, but I *liked* it.

--
 Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings; they did it by
killing all those who opposed them.