Re: Someone Buy This Guy a Torque Wrench!

To: "John Walker" <john@rmartin.net>, <WSpohn4@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Someone Buy This Guy a Torque Wrench!
From: "Mike Lishego" <mlishego@asheboro.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 20:26:31 -0400
I coulda swore that someone on this list posted a while back about
the click-type torque wrenches.  This guy said that they needed to
be re-calibrated by a factory every year or so.

I believe it too.  This summer, I bought a click-type torque wrench
to compliment my mechanical one.  After accidentally dropping the
new torque wrench, I promptly snapped a water pump bolt on my other
car.  I checked the torque against the mechanical type, and sure
enough, it was clicking at about 4 lbs. more torque than the
mechanical one.

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/virtualgarage/
1991 Mazda Miata