Re: Someone Buy This Guy a Torque Wrench!

To: john@rmartin.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Someone Buy This Guy a Torque Wrench!
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 21:01:11 EDT
In a message dated 9/23/99 4:44:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time, john@rmartin.net
writes:

<<  I USED to have one of the click style torque wrenches that is
 SUPPOSED to
 click when it gets to the correct torque rating.  Well it turns out that
 this style of wrench is less than
 reliable.  >>

Granted, there have been problems with some of the less expensive of these,
and there is indeed little that can go wrong with a bending beam wrench, and
I suppose if someone isn't doing that sort of work all the time they might
not have much sense of how tight is tight. I guess that I am used to very
careful technique (if I don't do it right and something comes unglued at 120
mph, the consequences can be a bit off-putting).

Bill