Re: Dangerous Precedent in the UK

To: "Simon Matthews" <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dangerous Precedent in the UK
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 15:46:10 +0100
Two things:

1.  It is a general rule that retrospective legislation cannot be applied.
Witness seat belts, windscreen washers, reflective number plates, emissions
etc.

2.  Does the rumour say 'electronic immobiliser'?  Surely a switch in the
fuel pump circuit, or a number of other non-electronic circuits that are
installed from time to time on MGBs and the like count as 'immobilsers'.

PaulH.
MG Cars Webring MG Site of the Month - September '99
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/
(or if that URL doesn't work try   )
(http://194.168.54.52/paul.hunt1)