Re: Window winding

To: <jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Window winding
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:49:38 +0100
You may find the channel strips are damaged, or the mechanism is stiff.
Wind the window part-way down, grasp the top edge of the glass and see if
you can pull it up, you should be able to an inch or so.  If this is stiff
then it looks like the channels.  With the window still open and the glass
manually pulled up as far as it will go, turn the handle to close the
window.  If the handle is stiff while it is taking up the slack then the
mechanism is stiff.  If the handle moves easily till it starts to move the
glass, then it is channels.  Could be both, of course.  The adjustment
referred to is top and bottom stops, not stiffness.  Getting the mechanism
(the regulator) out of the door is a bit of a Houdini job.  As I recall, you
have to undo all the screws, then while it is still inside the door fold it
up on itself, it will then come out of the aperture.

Good lad for tackling it before you break the winder.

Enjoy.
PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/
(or if that URL doesn't work try   )