Re: Synching carbs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Synching carbs
From: "A D" <mooshupork7@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 05:59:30 PST
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>

Just a note on the uni-syn,  Some of them are being manufactured in china
lately...

Yes, I have one of those useless Chinese unisyns too.  And I too went to the
hose-in-the-ear method which works just fine for $0.10 worth of hose.  For
kicks and giggles, I've confirmed carb syching by using the tubes and wires
in the SU tool kit.  This method is very convenient because you don't have
to remove the air filter canisters, which on an MGA is a pain in the neck,
and with the air filters on, you can obtain accurate synching and mixing
results.