Re: Does the OD tranny require a shorter drive shaft?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Does the OD tranny require a shorter drive shaft?
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 10:30:52 -0700
My experience with my 71 BGT ( and a 72 transmission) was - yes, you will
need a shorter drive shaft. Best to buy the drive shaft with the o/d
transmission if you are buying used, if possible. And the speedometer will
need replaced, I think the 1280 is the o/d and the 1000 is the regular. Or
maybe its the other way around. My BGTs are home right now, out of the
snow, so I can't verify that part. But its one or the other.

David

67 BGT   w O/D
71 BGT   w O/D