Re: Does the OD tranny require a shorter drive shaft?

To: "Florrie & Allen Bachelder" <bachldrs@swva.net>,
Subject: Re: Does the OD tranny require a shorter drive shaft?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 14:40:27 -0800
Florrie & Allen Bachelder had this to say:

>BTW, I now have occasion to swap back to the '73 O/D tranny... Amongst it's
>other faults (due to rebuilder's oversight), unlike a proper '76 O/D, this
>one shifted into O/D in ANY gear.  ' Was quite perturbed one day as I wound
>it out in 2nd and it upshifted at about 35 mph.  The lockout switch was
>faulty.  ' Would have cut a hole in the tunnel to replace it but the tranny
>has other problems and has to come out anyway.

Hmmm, I can reach the lock-out switch from the tunnel opening in my 66.
This is an LH OD tranny, so I did have to open up the hole lengthwise.
But I'd give it a try before pulling the whole rig... unless, as you say,
it has other overwhelming problems.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149