Re: Punch List

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Punch List
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:41:14 -0800
Tony Woodruff had this to say:

>Who among us doesn't have a punch list of things to fix on their LBC?
>Anybody else care to share theirs?

>3. Steering column loose.  Although there isn't any "forward & back"
>motion, it seems like a bushing is missing, because the steering column
>jostles around on bumps.  Also it shakes at high speed.....  Is this that
>felt bushing everyone was discussing a couple of weeks back?

Yeah, possibly. I replaced it with a nylon bush, from a later model. I
was assured it would fit, and it did. It did remove a lot of shake
(mainly up & down, left & right play). Had to replace the rack to get rid
of all the vibration, though (this after balancing wheels, etc).

Short term, all I have on my list is that the left turn signal is getting
a little reluctant (slow blinking), which indicates to me that I need to
clean some bullet connectors. Also, wash the poor thing (it's raining
now, though).

Long term, ooog, see lengthy previous posts...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149