Re: Why OD on 4spd and not just 5spd?

To: ccrobins@ktc.com
Subject: Re: Why OD on 4spd and not just 5spd?
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:37:22 EST
In a message dated 22/02/00 10:19:54 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ccrobins@ktc.com writes:

<<  When I installed the OD in the '71 B I used to have I jumpered the
 switch that kept the OD locked out in 1st & second gears.  It was kind
 of fun to play with at first but I was ever mindful of the danger of
 overloading the unit with full-power shifts in the lower gears. >>

Yep - on my Twincam race car I use it in 4th only, and aways make sure to
lift off to allow it to fully engage before applying power again. Sure, I
lose a fraction of a second, but the guys that just keep their foot to the
floor when they shift into OD are usually out looking for parts pretty quick.

Bill