Re: Why OD on 4spd and not just 5spd?

To: WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: Re: Why OD on 4spd and not just 5spd?
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 12:18:21 -0600
  When I installed the OD in the '71 B I used to have I jumpered the
switch that kept the OD locked out in 1st & second gears.  It was kind
of fun to play with at first but I was ever mindful of the danger of
overloading the unit with full-power shifts in the lower gears.  I quit
playing with it that way after a while, just used it judiciously in lieu
of a gear change in hilly country to keep the revs up while playing
sporty car. And, of course, for cruising those long straight west Texas
highways and Interstates.  The OD was still going strong when I sold the
car a few years later.

  CR