Re: 75 MGB Question

To: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Subject: Re: 75 MGB Question
From: "John H. Reynolds" <johnr@mail.nwmissouri.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:25:50 -0600
Skye,

That's not where the solonoid is - you just described the lockout switch (which,
by the way, is the exact same switch part number for the reverse light switch on
the other side of the tranny!).  The solonoid is under the square blue plate on
the bottom of the tranny (black plate for early LH transmissions) and has one
wire
coming out from underneath the plate at one side.  If there is no square name
plate with an ID number on it and no rectangular plate from which to remove the
filter/gasket assembly, it isn't an LH overdrive.  I don't know what the early
D-types look like, but would find it hard to believe one was in a 75 MGB.

John