75 MGB Question

To: "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 75 MGB Question
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 07:10:16 -0600
Last night I bought a 75 MGB to use as a parts car.  The car was in very
good condition until it had an electrical fire in the engine compartment.
The engine and transmission are out of the car.  The wiring harness has been
removed from the engine compartment and I got a new harness with the car.

Now my questions, how can I tell if the transmission is an overdrive tranny?
The guy I bought it from thought it might be but he wasn't sure.  Also, the
dash has a plaque about being a limited edition car.  Can anyone give me
some info on the limited edition 1975 MGB.

The passenger side inner fender in the engine compartment and hood are in
pretty bad shape, but otherwise the car is in real good condition.  I'm now
having second thoughts about using it for parts.  I'll just have to think
about it some more.  I can't really afford to add another project to my list
right now, and my yard is getting pretty full of cars, but you just never
know.  Sorry for thinking out loud.

TIA

Ken Waringa
74 Midget (daily driver)