Re: Steering Wheel Rust

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Rust
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 15:32:17 EST
In a message dated 00-03-24 14:05:06 EST, dibiase@home.com writes:

<< he rust spots on my steering wheel spokes are finally getting to me....
 Any suggestions on easy ways to remove them? There is no 'pitting', just
 appears to be some light, scattered surface rust. >>

Steel wool!  It is magic.  Get some from the hardware store and rub in the
same direction.  I used up and down the spokes, and it cleans and shines very
nicely.  Actually, steel wool also is the secret for cleaning chrome
surfaces, too.  Even pitted surfaces.  It eats away at the "pits" and makes
them smaller, while only shining the chrome.  Used this technique on all my
cars.  Caution on the anodized aluminum of the roadster windshield frame,
however.  Not sure how that would work.

Jay Donoghe
72 MGB
72 MGB-GT