Re: Steering Wheel Rust

To: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Rust
From: Peter Edmands <ple@woodedlaw.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 15:56:15 -0500
NO, NO, NO!  Steel wool embeds little bits of steel and steel dust in the alloy
which will rust later and add more little rust spots - a rust mine waiting to
happen.  Use bronze wool which is available from most marine supply houses.  I
suspect this is also the source of that disagreeable rust Dan is experiencing.
The cream suggestions are also more suitable. Steel wool will even stain
stainless given enough chance.  Try some of the kitchen stainless polishes.