Re: Sound deadening

To: "Aston List" <aml-lovers@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: Sound deadening
From: "John J. Black" <transmancat@bbnow.net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 10:27:43 -0700
Hi Guys
The rally is still in deepest Turkey with gravel roads to contend with and a
hill climb. This obviously suits some cars better than others so some change
may appear on the leader board over the next few days. The Yellow Roll Royce
Ghost has called it a day and has left the event after numerous minor
problems. In these kind of event preparation is everything. This is the same
car that held the now famous Julia (IF i can find a picture of her I will
post it for al to see).

The big Packard of Roger Coote has also had enough and has turned for home.
The car seemed to be in fine shape. The Hunts in the Team Healey 3000 had
the manifold problem that turned out to be nothing more than a gasket. They
have also had brake failure, on a gravel road hill climb that makes things
interesting!

The Morgan +4 has exhaust problems so has missed most of the day. The Facel
is back in fine shape with a new set of headers.
The Giles family in the Hillman Hunter is in great shape still out in front
(that just means that they hit whatever the next obstacle is before anyone
else!)

The big old Lagonda M45 is plodding away in the lead for the oldie class
still accompanied by the Bentley but that old 38'Packard of McNeely and
Walters has not given up yet.
The old Bentley speed 6 of my old acquaintance Foppe D-Hanne has also jumped
up a few places to 17th place.

The classics as I have stated lead by the Hillman is now chased by the 356
Porsche, the Alvis is still in joint3rd spot with the Barry Weir Aston DB2/4
with the Dyke-Price/Onyett Healey in 8th. The Xk 140 is sitting nicely at
10th and the Jones Xk150S in 21st place.

BTW the Citroen 2CV in 4th place has had a co-pilot change and the 53
Studebaker is still hanging in at number 50!

No belly dancing to report, No stowaways in the back of old Rolls Royce's,
no pictures! Just a days racing.
I get the feeling that some people are not looking forward to the far east.
The area around the black sea and turkey is interesting and tested some
people, far worse is to come.

Regards
John J Black
Waterloo Drivetrain Systems