Re: Sound deadening

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sound deadening
From: "Jones, Mark" <MJones@ngl.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 09:53:58 -0300
That's ice shield.  It's used to keep water from backing up under shingles
and getting into your house.  The stuff that is on my roof isn't very thick
(about 1/16") and I wouldn't think that it would have much effect on
deadening sound.  But it would work very well in keeping water away from the
MG's floor pans.  It's easy to cut to shape and place in the car and then
peel off backing and it will stick in place no problem.  It sticks to a
wooden roof easily.

Mark Jones

                The black stuff is sold by all kinds of stereo places, even
Circuit City, but is
                so expensive...

                I found this stuff when I was doing my roof, it has a peel
off adhesive side, and
                conforms to just about any shape... you can get it at some
building material
                supply places, but its not at Home Depot.  Check out the web
site here... Works
                great inside the door, etc. And is designed to be
waterproof. Made by Owens
                Corning.

                http://www.owenscorning.com/around/roofing/underlayment.asp

                David Lynes, Woodstock, GA