Re: Ideal MGB Year?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ideal MGB Year?
From: mga <mga@napanet.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 20:46:08 -0700 (PDT)
That is easy!

In the US at least, any MGB pre-'68.  The federal rules really ruined these
cars.  The early cars had:

Metal dashboard
No smog equipment
Simpler twin carbs
Traditional leather interior
Simple toggle switches
More horsepower
Attractive, simple bumpers
No added exterior lights on the side of the car
Simple brake master cylinder (maybe not as safe, but a hell of a lot cheaper
and easier to fix).

Don Scott