Re: Ideal MGB Year?

To: JPGarner@ucdavis.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ideal MGB Year?
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 10:25:54 EDT
In a message dated 6/01/00 11:25:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu writes:

> Actually, though, and i know this is hereasy to most people's ears, but i
>  like the look of the rubber bumber cars far better.

Hey what's not to like? Slower, more ungainly, jacked up compromised
suspension - I guess some people can overlook all that if they happen to
prefer the esthetics of the rubber bumper look ;-)

My preference would be for the last of the 3 synch cars with the large
layshaft - 1967, or the first all synch cars, before they buggered up the
poor things with smog gear - 1968/9.

Of course being at heart an MGA man, I have a striong liking for 3 main
bearing cars - the 63 is in some ways more attractive.

But then the only one I currently own is also the only one with balls - a
1969 MGC. Maybe that's why I have no time for the late cars - I insist that
my cars have some performance along with whatever looks they were born with.

Bill