Re: Ideal MGB Year?

To: d_dibiase@yahoo.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ideal MGB Year?
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 10:27:34 EDT
d_dibiase@yahoo.com writes:

<< Is there a consensus on the 'ideal' year of MGB? I had
 heard that 1971 was the 'best' year - best being
 defined as ultimate combination of features, looks,
 (lack of) smog/safety stuff, mechanical development,
 etc.

 I'm looking at a '69 (long-term) project car that I
 may be able to get cheaply as a teaching tool, so I
 don't have to take my 76 off the road as I experiment
 and learn...

 What are the thoughts of the listers? >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doncha hate this kind of question??!?!?!?  It just makes you want to choose
sides.

I would say that the last year, BEFORE they added the air pump, would always
be the best year.  I think the air pump became mandatory in the USA in 1968.
It was the first real attempt at emissions control.  After the air pump,
power started to drop, so that makes 1967 the Golden Year of car manufacture.
 (For ANY car!)

Other ideas anyone?

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward