Car accident

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Car accident
From: "Steven Miller" <bonding@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 05:40:08 PDT
   At the time of 10:15 on june 3, 2000 a car travelling in the
opposite direction of me decided that they could make it into a parking
lot before I met them...well they were wrong.  Yes, I was driving the
MG, one 1974 chrome bumpered MG Midget, was not able to get out of the
way of a car travelling in its path.  The good news is that no one was
hurt, the bad news is that the MG is hurting, more probably than I will
be able to get fixed.  I am assuming that the insurance company is going
to consider it a total loss.  Lets face it, without jacking it up, I
know that it needs:
Passenger side quarter panel
Hood
Oil Cooler
Grill
chrome bumper
headlight assemblies
The car needs to be straightened as well the passenger side door has no
gap, and it looks like the rail on that side is bent, I do not know if
there is even a shop in the area that would be able to fix this
correctly....
So, I guess it is time to start shopping, god knows if this costs more
than $4000.00 I will never be able to afford to fix it, and I am sure
that the insurance company will not give me more than $2000.00 even if
they decide that it is their drivers fault, sigh... any thoughts, or
people out there know a kind soul with a quality garage who knows MG's?
For those of you who are receiving this, I am sending it to the MG list
that is why I went into some detail, and for those on the list I live in
upstate NY, just outside of Albany.

Steve

P.S. Sanity is the last resort.....