Re: Classic Car Insurance

To: kris.chronister@fuelna.com, cbrownle@ong.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Classic Car Insurance
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 12:09:31 EDT
In a message dated 6/5/00 10:27:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kris.chronister@fuelna.com writes:

<< I had the same concern... The best policy I found said it was coverage
 to/from events and had some kind of twisty legalize that seemed to talk
 about "occasional usage." Even that was so lawyer-esque it struck me as
 dicey... I can just see them denying "occasional usage" based on every
 weekend (which is how often I drive it) not being "occasional" or some other
 crap like that.

 I wish I could just find some classic insurance that would cover me for the
 low mileage limit (usually 2,000 or 2,500/year from what I've seen) without
 all the other 800 caveats they insist on. I'd even be willing to pay a bit
 more for that.

 Anyone know of any??? >>

Check out Hagerty insutance.  www.hagerty.com.  I have an agreed value of
$5000 on my '77 Midget, and there is no absolute mileage limitation.  They
require you to have another car for a daily driver, and you should not drive
the car to work.  You also have to store the car in a locked garage.  Other
than that, the coverage is good.  My cost is $99/year.