RE: Classic Car Insurance

To: <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>, MG Listserver <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Classic Car Insurance
From: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 15:45:43 -0700
At 3:01 PM -0600 6/5/2000, Joseph Garner wrote:
>By far the best deal i found was taking out regular comprehensive insurance
>with GEICO. about half the price of anywhere else.

Joe,

I guess the question I'd have to ask re: Geico is whether the payout
on a totaled "classic car" would also be about "half".  Do you and
your agent agree on what your car is worth?  I ask this because I
have seen postings on the Alfa Digest from people who have been
offered really low settlements for written-off or stolen Alfas...low
Blue Book for cherished and well-maintained cars.  Could happen with
any insurance company, but the people reporting seemed to think the
Geico adjusters were stubborn and unsympathetic.
--
Christopher Attias
Assistant College Admin. Officer for Facilities