Re: Tube shock conversion data

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: Tube shock conversion data
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:41:27 -0700
Hard to imagine anyone actually doing the comparison as you describe it,
without some kind of financial incentive. It would be a lot of work, and
if you decided the lever shocks were better, you'd be out the money for
the conversion and have to reinstall everything. The best you could
realistically hope for is a comparison of two different cars, similarly
equipped (besides the shocks), same size tires, and stock engines. But
that still might be a worthwhile experiment.

OK, I'm game. I have a stock engine '66 B with generic "no-name" tube
shocks and 175R-14s. Now all we need is an unmodified 62-67 roadster and
some track time...

Tim Economu had this to say:

--

Max Heim