Re: Fw: Tube shock conversion data

To: yd3@nvc.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Tube shock conversion data
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:39:40 EDT
I'd like to hear Peter C.'s comments on the post below.

Thanks Peter.  I'll send you that speedomotor.  :-)

Allen Hefner

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In a message dated 6/8/00 8:09:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time, yd3@nvc.net
writes:

<< I believe I have read somewhere that the there are several
 reasons most vehicles went to tube shocks.

 1) cost:

 2) response: To my mind, the lever shock would have more play
 between jounce and bounce because of the design and rocking
 factor.  It would be similar to determining TDC in an engine.  A
 piston could be TDC while the crank could be rotated a few
 degrees with showing any piston movement.  Thus the lever has
 some "dead" spots between jounce and bounce.

 3) heat:  I would think the tube shock is less sentive to heat
 retension.

 4) travel: I would think the tube shock's greater travel would
 produce more uniform results.  >>