Re: Fw: Tube shock conversion data

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Tube shock conversion data
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 19:10:18 -0700
I believe I have read somewhere that the there are several
reasons most vehicles went to tube shocks.

1) cost:

2) response: To my mind, the lever shock would have more play
between jounce and bounce because of the design and rocking
factor.  It would be similar to determining TDC in an engine.  A
piston could be TDC while the crank could be rotated a few
degrees with showing any piston movement.  Thus the lever has
some "dead" spots between jounce and bounce.

3) heat:  I would think the tube shock is less sentive to heat
retension.

4) travel: I would think the tube shock's greater travel would
produce more uniform results.

FWIT

Blake