Re: MGB and stereos

To: mgbob@juno.com, d_dibiase@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: MGB and stereos
From: Nferre@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:22:17 EDT
In a message dated 6/15/00 1:11:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Ajhsys@aol.com
writes:

<< I respectfully disagree that connecting them in parallel will harm the
radio.
  I have done this many times, mostly back in the '60s and '70s.  Most
 speakers you can buy will be 8 ohm speakers, giving you a 4 ohn load when
 connected in parallel.  Most radios have an 8 ohm output and 4 ohms will
 still work fine.  If it still worries you, put an 8 ohm, 10 watt resistor in
 series with each speaker to match the impedance. >>

Hi,

The BL setup as originally supplied from the factory may be different
(meaning 8 ohms), I dont know.  However....most car stereos are setup for 4
ohm speakers...which most car speakers are.  My original post still applies,
but the resistor is a good idea.

Nels Ferré
79 MGB