RE: Fastest in the west

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fastest in the west
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 09:58:33 -0700
R&T in October '63 reported on the Le Mans MGB of that year (7DBL). It
was geared to do 131mph on the straight, and lapped at 104. It had
aluminum body panels, a streamlined nose cone, and the factory hardtop.
The weight was estimated at about 1900lbs. No overdrive. The engine had
10.7:1 compression, headers, and a single Weber 45-DCO. It finished 12th
overall after losing time in a sandbank early on.

I believe Moss Motoring had a recent article on all the Le Mans attempts.

Maffei Andrew P SSgt 27 LG/LGQPT had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149