Re: Wire wheel conversion

To: Bmgreen@aol.com
Subject: Re: Wire wheel conversion
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 10:40:43 -0700
One more comment on this thread, replace the seals when you get your
used axle!  You will need a puller, a special socket from Moss for
$27.95 (or a large socket from Sears) and a press for separating the
bearing from the hub to replace the seal.  Or, you can take the hub to a
shop for seal replacement.  Well worth the effort, especially on an axle
that is at least 32 years old!

PS, my '67 GT parts car has the banjo WW axle you need, and I'll sell it
for $100.  If you can't find one locally let me know. I'm in Seattle,
and shipping would be $100 to $150 to Plano unfortunately.

--
Stuart MacMillan--Amateur fixer and "breaker" of MGBs!

'84 Vanagon Westfalia
'65 MGB (Driver)
'74 MGB GT (Restoring)

Assisting on Restoration: