Re: Wire wheel conversion

To: Bmgreen@aol.com
Subject: Re: Wire wheel conversion
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 09:24:54 -0500
Hi Stephen,

  I have wires on my '69 B.  I love the look of wires.  I clean them all
the time because the anti-sieze leaks thru the spoke holes.  Wires can
be knocked out of true by a chuck hole.  That's when you find out all
the spoke adjusters are rusted solid. Then you go looking for a used,
true, wheel with good splines.  Er, and the right spline pitch for your
year car.  Yessir, I looove wires!

  Actually while the above is all true, it wouldn't be a sporty car
without wire wheels. IMHO.  (flame suit on) Just thought you ought to
know.

  The swap involves different hubs, fron and rear & ifferent axles in
the back. Some people find a donor car with wires and xfer the entire
rear axle assy.  Then they swap the front components as necessary.  Lots
of work....

  Hay, ya might want to hook up with the Texas MG Register.  They're
mainly in the DFW area.  Good bunch of folks.  Email me for info if....

  FWIW,

  Charley Robinson
  Kerrville, TX