Re: Help, 68 with the shakes

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help, 68 with the shakes
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 10:40:29 -0700
I agree with the person who suggested looking at the front carb float.

As for how it *should* run, it should idle reasonably smoothly at
500-800rpm, with a little bit of a ticking noise; and it should
accelerate smoothly up to redline, pulling particularly strongly in the
3000-4500rpm range. With a stock exhaust this should accompanied by a
distinctive "ripping" sound, climbing in pitch. There shouldn't be any
"flat spots" or hesitation when applying the throttle.

Good luck with it....

Phillips, Frank had this to say:

--

Max Heim