Re: Craziness...

To: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Craziness...
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 16:33:06 -0400
ATWEDITOR@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 00-09-07 01:54:49 EDT, eric@erickson.on.net writes:
>
> <<
>  Check out *this* V8 conversion to make a purist's blood run cold.  What
>  a beautiful vehicle... and it fills an MG owner's heart with pride as it
>  thrashes many 'modern day' vehicles on the track.
>
>  http://www.erickson.on.net/mgb/tcspecial.html >>
>
> Impressive looking, but is the hood really lashed on with bungee cords?  Sort
> of spoils the lines, don't you think?

  At my local 'ship there is a T series MG with a big engine
conversion.

  It's been so long since I have seen it I forget whether
it was a TC or a TD, but the engine was a Jag XK engine.

  An ENORMOUS lump, but an incredible engine and at least
it's british.

  The conversion looked very high quality but it sat at
the shop for years so I suspect the driveability wasn't
what the original owner had hoped.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca