Re: Craziness...

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Craziness...
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 15:21:50 +0000
Bullwinkle wrote:

> Your title says it all.
>
> I have a MGA frame that someone attempted to do this on.  It is now
> missing ....

<snip>

> If you want that type of hairy chested straight line squirt, buy a
> Cobra.
>
> Why ruin a perfectly balanced classic!!??

OK, I forgot to mention that I am happy to just 'beef up' my 4 cylinder
beauty a tiny bit and am not planning on going 'hairy chested' V8
(although it is easier to do so in a rubber nose - and who cares what
they do to them, eh? ;-)

Still, I am far less of a 'purist' these days after seeing some
beautiful V8 and CBB conversions.  To my way of thinking, if it retains
the excitment of an MG and the immediate recognisability and good looks
of an MG and draws ohhs and ahhs and MG adoration... then generally I am
happy with it.

Check out *this* V8 conversion to make a purist's blood run cold.  What
a beautiful vehicle... and it fills an MG owner's heart with pride as it
thrashes many 'modern day' vehicles on the track.

http://www.erickson.on.net/mgb/tcspecial.html

Eric
'68MGB MkII (4cyl and loving it)