Re: Craziness...

To: <glh85@juno.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Craziness...
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 19:00:48 -0700
There were 2 MGA's with V8's in them at the Lanco Taste of Britian show.
Bothe were very nicely done with Chevy V-8s. One was a 350 and the other
was a vette engine, don't know what size tho. Both had been extensively
modiied and carried very large back tires. One had the V8 set pretty far
back in the engine compartment. I suspect that helped the weight
distibution. However the pedal area was very narrow. The gas pedal was
about 4 or 5 inches closer to the floor than the brake/clutch pedals. I
guess they werenot into heel/toe shifting. Prob left foot braking tho.

Larry

>Hi Guys,
>       I was thinking about performance and was wondering what would happen if
>I put in a huge V-8 engine in to a MG? I talked to my shop teacher and
>said that the frame is too weak and if I properly modify the engine it
>has it will beat most of the cars on the street. I would also have to
>worry about brakes and other stuff? Tell me what you think about this.
>Mark Walke
>Carburated 85 GLH OMNI "The Micro Machine"
>76? MGB soon, maybe?

>http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Larry Macy
78 Midget