Re: Petrol problems in Europe

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Petrol problems in Europe
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 11:31:04 +0000
Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

> Yep, I got it.  I feel priviliged to pay twice the NJ tax AND I get
> to operate the pump myself!

I remember when "self-serve" petrol stations started up in Australia and
there was the argument that you would have the choice of paying a bit
extra for driveway service.

Choice... yeah, sure.

Apart from little country town stations (and fewer of them all the time)
I am aware of maybe one or two service stations in Adelaide which aren't
'self'serve'.  One of these is where I generally get my AVGAS - they
sell a lot of racing supplies and spares and it seems more like a little
family-run community centre than a PETROL STATION (no grocery items,
fluro lights or aisles of irrelevant rubbish).

Pity it is on the other side of town... but I am usually happy to drive
the distance if I have the time just to go to a PROPER petrol station.

Eric
'68MGB MkII