Re: Oh Sh*^ Part Deux

To: Tim Economu <economu@whidbey.com>
Subject: Re: Oh Sh*^ Part Deux
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 08:55:17 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Tim Economu wrote:

> Now that we are clear on the fact that you have a non-stock setup.....

Well, yeah the filter isn't stock.  The base is (I have a '75 B).

> We know that you are using a screw on filter. That doesn't fit my stock MG.

Ugh.  Forgot that the earlier models were not screw on.

>  Is the Ford filter better than the MG canister filter? Increased flow and
> volume must be accompanied by increased filtration capability. This is what
> I am concerned with. So I guess the real question is ..."is it worth the
> cost to change over to the screw on type filter?"

As for being worth it to convert, I can't answer.  I would probably do
it for the ease-of-use.  Makes a filter change rather nice.

> What is the Ford filter price?

I paid a little over $5 for a WIX branded filter.

--
Aaron Whiteman - aaronw@wsu.edu - email with subject 'PGPKey' for pgpkey
   RCW 19.190 notice: This address is located in Washington State.

'75 B (my only car)