Re: Storage

To: JustBrits@aol.com
Subject: Re: Storage
From: Rhbuxton@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 21:58:10 EDT
Hi,
The question of insurance is an interesting one.  I wouldn't think anyone
would want to store anything of five figure value in a shed in the mountains
of Virginia!!  I am not sure that I would provide any.  I would consider the
service interesting for someone who had a parts car and no place to put it,
or a future restoration, not finished valuable cars.  I would not think of
charging a fortune either.  I was wondering if there are people out there who
would pay a couple of hundred dollars a year to keep this type of vehicle
safe and yet out of their backyard where the neighbors mention it, often and
not in pleasant terms.  Am I looking to get rich, no of course not,  but if I
have ten cars at a couple of hundred a year each, I wouldn't turn it down.  I
don't know about you, but to me a couple of thousand is not to be dismissed
lightly.  As for room, I would guess not much.  It wouldn't be intended to be
a place to work on the cars, just to store them, or perhaps grab a part off
when needed.   The storage area would be a couple of hours out of D.C.,
Baltimore, not the far from Richmond or for that matter as far north as N.Y.
is only four hours away.  I have a trailer that I could come and get the car
and deliver it as well.  I haven't thought about costs, but I guess it would
have to be to cover expenses.
In this light, what do you think?
Rick