Re: Storage

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Storage
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 20:14:07 -0700
I am sure there is a demand for this sort of thing. That said, here is a
guess why it isn't already commonplace: the places where people have
collectible cars but don't have enough space, tend to be the areas where
real estate is expensive (and therefore such a service would also be
expensive); because otherwise they could just build their own sheds on
their own land. I am thinking of the SF Bay area, particularly, where a
50 x 100 lot within a 40-mile radius of me would sell for $350K minimum,
and industrial rents start at $1.50/sq. ft. (and go way up from there).
How many people could afford $180/month (or more) for project car
storage? And in areas where land is cheap (North Dakota?), car-hoarding
clients might be few and far between. But presumably there is a happy
medium somewhere in the country where this would be feasible.

I'm curious: what kind of monthly fee would listers think reasonable for
dry, but not air-conditioned, insured indoor storage? That might give you
an idea whether this has any potential. For my part, I would think $50
would be an upper limit, but then, I'm pretty cheap.

Rhbuxton@aol.com had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149