Re: MGA/ZB Magnette master cylinder doesn't hold a rebuild

To: Michael Lupynec <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Subject: Re: MGA/ZB Magnette master cylinder doesn't hold a rebuild
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 01:03:45 -0500
Michael Lupynec wrote:

> You may have a hone, but have you checked that it fits inside a
> brake cylinder bore ie < 2 inches? They are around but rare.

  Actually I do, it is a Lisle brake cylinder hone, it's
actually very tiny. It looks a lot like the big hones
for engines and works the same way, but it is just much
smaller.

  I got it a while ago at the local mega chain and it
seems to work fine. It does make a lot of fine grindings
that take a lot of flushing to remove fully though. They
are way too small to see but if you run your finger around
the bore you can still feel them until you flush a lot.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca