72 MGB front end questions

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 72 MGB front end questions
From: "Dan Hackney" <danhackney@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 17:12:18 -0500
I am rebuilding the front suspension and related bits on my 72, and
currently have a few questions before I proceed:
Do the front a-arm bushings require grease upon reassembly?  All bushings?
I can't seem to remove the steering rack.  When I removed the cross-member,
i just tied it out of the way, but now I think I want to remove it because I
found a ripped rack boot that has been open for who knows how long.  Haynes
says to remove the bolt on the U-joint, which I did, but I cant seem to get
the shaft out of there.  Any suggestions would be appreciated because I am a
beginner.
Thanks,
Dan

'72 MGB