RE: 72 MGB front end questions

To: "Dan Hackney" <danhackney@nc.rr.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 72 MGB front end questions
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 17:20:14 -0700
Dan, if you are using rubber bushings, use soapy water.  When you tighten the
fulcrum bolts the car should be resting on the tires.

If you are using some type of poly or nylon material (highly recommended) you
can lubricate the bushings, I usually use Lubriplate
(sp?) white lithium grease.  I don't know if that is the proper grease or not,
it's just what I use.

If you are replacing the steering rack boots (gators) you don't need to remove
the rack.  Just remove the ball joints on the
steering rods, and slide on the new boots.  You will either need to count the
turns needed to remove the ball joints or mark them in
some way so you can get them back to the same place.  Or you can have the car
aligned after you do the job.

I just re-read your post.  Removing the cross member sure is the hard way to do
this job.

Larry Hoy