Re: I am on a Quest

To: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: I am on a Quest
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 23:10:51 -0800
Hi Dan,

  All the cars that used the wiper stalk switch for the OD have the
switch and wiring  whether there's an OD installed or not.  It makes it
easy to do a retrofit.  All you do is find the wire in the car's harness
that goes to the OD tranny's wire harness and hook it up.  On the later
ODs (side-fill) the speedo _is_ different.  1000 TPM for OD vs 1280 for
std.  Earlier ODs (top-fill LH) use the same 1280 TPM speedo as the STD
tranny.  Dunno about the even earlier type D OD.

  Some people say you can turn on the ignition sw and listen for the OD
solenoid to click while operating the OD switch.  I can't hear it on my
OD, so that's not reliable.  Or my OF ears aren't reliable; take ur
choice. ;^)

  Cheers,

  CR