Re: Really Amateur Racing

To: GDAVIS@gp.usbr.gov, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Really Amateur Racing
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 12:55:05 EST
In a message dated 2/23/01 12:11:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
GDAVIS@gp.usbr.gov writes:

> I have two sons (15 and 16) that insist they want to learn to race cars.  I
> would appreciate some advice on the proper way to allow them to get some

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I suggest that you get in touch with your local SCCA region and get them
memberships.  They can get all the experience they need that way.  You can
get a family membership that includes them, or they can each join the Speed
Freakz program for those under 26 years old.

They can experience racing or Solo events.  There is a lot they can do, and
SCCA is always very safety concious.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget