Re: Really Amateur Racing

To: Gary Davis <GDAVIS@gp.usbr.gov>
Subject: Re: Really Amateur Racing
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@avaya.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:55:34 -0500
Gary Davis wrote:

> I have two sons (15 and 16) that insist they want to learn to race cars.  I
>would appreciate some advice on the proper way to allow them to get some
>experience to see if this is really something they want to pursue.
>
> Thanks - Gary
>
> 70 MGB GT

Karts. Not sure about the sponsoring groups, and locations, but
I have a brother-in-law who races up and down the east coast.
They all kinds of classes and speeds; my nephew who is 15
races, and one of his regular competitors is Michael Andretti (sp?)
kid.  If you want more information let me know and I will ask my
brother-inlaw.

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget
90 Shar-Pei